Ever read the Silmarillion and imagined Maglor screaming "DO NOT WANT" as he throws the Silmaril into the sea? Then this is the community for you!
Lolelf is the home of the Tolkien macro. That means you can post macros based on anything and everything based on Tolkien's Middle Earth, including Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, The Children of Hurin, and the collection of The History of Middle Earth (HoME). Don't know what a macro is? Try looking at the wikipedia entry. Basically, a macro is a picture with an amusing caption, most often in bad grammar and typed using large sized Impact font, white with a black border. This makes it easy to read. Phrases such as "Do not want," "I can has..." "in ur x, y-ing ur z," "invisible x," "I has a flavor" etc. are common.
Teh Rulz: 1 Keep it PG-13, please. Anything NSFW/NWS (Not Safe For Work/Not Work Safe) must go behind a cut and be labeled as such, saying why (ex: Language or Nudity).
2. Keep it Friendly. That means no flames, no telling people their macros suck, etc. Be nice to them and they'll be nice to you.
3. Make sure your macro is legible. If people can't read it, it's no longer funny. Something like Impact, in white with a black border, is good. Still having trouble? Try the Lolcat Builder.
4. Please check the size of your images, if it's large enough to stretch the page, put it behind a cut.
5. If you have multiple images (say more than, oh, two), please put them behind a cut. Leave a note on the cut if it's especially image-heavy: please, think of the dial-up.
6. Keep it on-topic. Yes, your cat is cute. But unless the quote on him is Tolkien-related, there's a dozen other places you could post him.
Now that you've read the rules, all you have to do is join away and start posting!
~signed~ Your friendly mod: That Crazy Chick Who RP's an Elf.